Monday, April 12, 2010

My Picture That Lies

My picture that lies is a picture of land animals swimming under water. I chose this because I think it would be fun to swim with African and South American animals in the ocean. All of the pictures originated from Google. I manipulated the picture by taking a background of the ocean and cropping out animals from different pictures and placing them on the ocean background. I then adjusted the hue and saturation for each layer to make them blue. Then, I used the smudge tool to make the edges look faded and make the animal blend in with the background a little better. I manipulated it for fun because I love animals and I love the ocean. I do not think the manipulation was harmful because everybody knows that these animals would never be swimming under water, especially all together. This picture relates to the article I read called, "Detecting Fake Images Using Watermarks and Support Vectors" because in the article, they talk about being able to detect when an image is not real by using watermarks and other methods. If someone wanted to see if my image was real or not (as if they could not tell), they could use the watermark method.
Here is the citation for the article I used:
Wei, Lu, Chung Fu-Lai, , and Kup-Sze. "Detecting fake images using watermarks and support vector machines."Computer Standards & Interfaces 30.2 (2008): 132-136. Web. 13 Apr 2010.

2 comments: